Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
Our Engineer Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! We are now looking for back-end software engineers to join the host team to build a comprehensive and competitive supply platform in China market. We are aiming to bring great experience to hosts, leading to more high quality inventory, and creating better travel experience for guests.
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code on the backend.
- Exceptional proficiency using Java, Ruby/Ruby on Rails. Experience with React is a plus.
- Fluency in any backend server language, and expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product improvements.
- Strong analytical thinking, experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Proactiveness, good communication and fast learning.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Airbnb.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.