iOS at Airbnb:
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in iOS development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and is excited to learn about and contribute to the server side. We believe that great product people use lots of products, so if you’re an active user of Airbnb, we are listening.
Not only is mobile quickly becoming the preferred means to book travel, but mobile uniquely enables our hosts to be responsive and connects our guests to their surroundings. Because of the unique form-factor of mobile, we put a particular emphasis on the user-experience design.
What are examples of work that iOS engineers have done at Airbnb?
- We built a calendar management tool because keeping our systems synced with the ever-changing schedules of our hosts is critical.
- We’ve internationalized the app into 18 languages.
- Overhauled the UI of the app to become the company leader in the new standard of interaction paradigms.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Experience shipping one or more Objective-C or Swift iOS apps, ideally currently available in an app store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Generalist Engineer experience.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 paid hours per month for community service)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Quality Assurance Support Engineer
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Samsara, San Francisco
Collective Health, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Security Engineer, Platform Security (GN)
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA