Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
About the Position
We are looking for strong Applied Machine Learning engineers to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging problems that defines Airbnb marketplace using machine learning:
- Large scale Machine Learning infrastructure that powers our understanding of supply dynamics.
- Creating and using computer vision and NLP representations of supply and building models to optimize for the best guest and host outcomes.
- Determining the optimal pricing strategies to help our Hosts effectively manage their listings and achieve their revenue goals.
- Modeling demand and supply in real time and simulating different outcomes to optimize the overall market efficiency and give valuable insights to the Hosts.
- Use state of the art learning techniques to optimize supply/demand matching by understanding demand shape, supply dynamics and the impact of varying their characteristics on the marketplace
We are looking for engineers with:
- 8+ years of industry experience or a PhD + 6 years industry experience
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code. Experience in Java, C++, Python, Scala and other equivalent languages is a plus.
- Industry experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- Passion to use machine learning to deliver product personalization, working with very sparse data and structuring models to learn from that sparsity is highly preferable.
- Strong understanding of deep learning among other common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection, optimization algorithms
- Proven ability to choose the right ML method to solve the problem within current constraints while having a clear vision of the next iterations and a good balance between exploration and exploitation of different techniques.
- Experience with MapReduce, Spark and Hive on large datasets.
- Ability to go deep and build the most impactful solutions while also leading multiple directions across multiple teams and organizations to ensure the success of our mission.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.