Software Engineer, iOS Accessibility
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Mobile Accessibility at Airbnb:
Accessibility is core to Airbnb's mission of belonging. We're looking for an experienced iOS Engineer to drive the accessibility of Airbnb's iOS application. Our goal is sustainable accessibility – providing education, infrastructure, and guidance on achieving and maintaining a high quality bar for all users.
- Ongoing education/training on accessibility best practices
- Build accessibility into reusable UIs for Airbnb's mobile apps
- Communicate, document, and evangelize best practices for creating accessible UIs within Airbnb iOS Engineering
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Experience in the field of accessibility and knowledge of assistive technologies, such as VoiceOver
- Passion for building and helping others build accessible UIs
- Experience developing and shipping iOS apps, ideally currently available in an app store
- Experience leading large projects
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience in engineering
Additional qualifications that are great to have, but not required:
- Experience using VoiceOver and other assistive technologies on iOS
- Experience leading accessibility efforts
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 paid hours per month for community service)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.