Software Engineer, Pricing Optimization
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
About The Team:
Airbnb is a new type of marketplace that is revolutionizing the way the world travels. Pricing is a huge lever for building an efficient two-sided market for both hosts and guests.
The goal of Pricing Team is to build data-informed products that can help hosts get more bookings and higher revenue with personalized price suggestions. To achieve this goal, we need to solve a lot of challenging problems:
- build large scale machine learning models to estimate market demand for every combination of listings and travel date, local market trends, high/low season, special events, etc.
- design economic models and quantitative algorithms to optimize price settings based on demand prediction of each individual listing.
- create data analysis tools to visualize and understand relationships between demand and price changes.
- build reliable data pipelines and dynamic systems to optimize prices in real time.
As an engineer on the team, you will help conceptualize and build these systems and algorithms.
We are looking for engineers with:
- Strong analytical thinking, good intuition with data, experienced with building products based on A/B testing
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack and good understanding of complex computer systems.
- Strong CS fundamentals, rigor in engineering.
- Familiarity with Java/Scala/Ruby on Rails/Hive/Spark is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Intern: Software Engineer 2018 (San Francisco and Seattle offices)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Security Engineer, Infrastructure Protection
Snap Inc., Switzerland
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Store
Twitch, Seattle, WA