No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Airbnb helps anyone belong anywhere as the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful experiences in the real world. We’re helping people live like locals in parts unknown while breaking down cultural barriers and bringing people together.
The Design Lead is an individual contributor (IC) role that will report to a Design Manager or Director. As a successful Design Lead, you are an expert at craft, product thinking and user empathy. You rely on metrics and data to define success while balancing business growth needs with customer challenges. You understand the right level of Design needed to achieve maximum velocity, and can validate and minimize risk quickly within the frame of driving impact at scale.
- Lead Product Design strategy for our global SEO and SEM pages for Stays and Experiences.
- Lead Design for incubation and prototype phase projects.
- Collaborate closely across the design org to ensure a cohesive approach to SEO best practices.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Creative and the Design Systems team to ensure all outward facing touchpoints are world-class in execution.
- Balance data-informed evolutionary strategies with insight driven revolutionary approaches.
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to learn and execute as quickly as possible
- Collaborate across all Airbnb businesses (Stays and Experiences) to represent and optimize for the end-to-end user journey.
- Partner with Product and Eng partners to actively identify and drive growth outcomes
- Work closely with the Research lead to develop a research driven strategy
- Actively participate in building the world’s best design team by attracting and interviewing world-class talent.
- Collaborate and consult with teams across the entire organization to align Growth initiatives and best practices.
- 10+ years of experience with end-to-end Product design
- Demonstrated experience with Growth initiatives in a metrics driven consumer Product organization
- Expert at using metrics and data to help define success
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with product managers, engineers and marketers.
- Have cross-platform design experiences (Web, android, iOS, emails)
- Experience launching software at scale in a fast paced Product organization
- Hands-on creative and systems thinker with strong UX/UI/IA design expertise.
- Product Management or Product Marketing experience considered a plus
- Experience in data and research driven design organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to influence with storytelling.
- Hustle. Thrives in an evolving, fast paced, ambiguous work environment.
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.