Talent Director (HRBP), Technology
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
About The Role
We're looking for an experienced Director, Talent Partner to partner with our Platform teams in the Technology organization.
The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment and has a passion for partnering with business leaders to deliver impactful talent solutions. The Talent Partner will be skilled at driving business/cultural transformations, designing world-class HR practices, is strong in influencing and mentoring others and builds strong relationships with executives and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a strategic, data driven business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. Experience in a high growth organization and/or tech firm is a plus as is a leadership role in a multinational organization.
This is a critical role which supports four senior leaders in Technology and has 2 direct reports. The role reports to the Director of Talent for Global Technology.
- Partner with Business leaders to provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution that’s aligned with business strategies. Help leaders to create and execute on the vision for a world class Technology organization.
- Is a trusted advisor to senior leaders who operates with a strong business mindset and understanding of business needs. Is an expert in stakeholder management and is able to communicate effectively to influence and deliver high impact.
- Take risks in designing and delivering 21st Century Talent programs and solutions to creatively solve business challenges in areas such as employee engagement, talent design, workforce planning, cultural change, organizational design, and change management. Is comfortable to lead through ambiguous situations and effectively manage trade-offs between short term long-term strategic plans.
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to leaders to drive business outcomes
- Partner with leaders to build high performing leadership teams and coaches executives to enhance their leadership effectiveness.
- Design and deliver key inclusion programs/initiatives that continue to build a sustained culture of belonging
- Actively engage in various leadership forums to diagnose and solve talent and organization related problems
- Advocate for and represent teams’ needs to the global EX team and senior leadership
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core HR/Talent programs
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, rewards, mutual separations, conflict management...)
- Work closely with Talent COE partners (Total Rewards, Learning, D&B, Talent Design and Internal Comms) to deliver world class talent programs to deliver business results
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Lead a team of Talent Partners in delivering key business outcomes for their client groups, offering regular coaching and guidance
- Serve as a mentor to other Talent Partners and support their development through knowledge sharing and partnership
- 18+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment; BA/BS in related field; MA/MBA is a plus.
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details (can operationalize a strategy)
- Strong analytical skills and uses data to influence strategic decisions at the executive level.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others
- Strong people management experience and adept at building high performing teams
- Proven ability to think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs. Ability to work in and navigate a matrixed environment.
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive issues.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.