Lead Experience Researcher - Host Communities
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Research has been part of Airbnb from the beginning, ever since Paul Graham told the Airbnb founders, "go to your users." As designers, the founders embraced this advice and got on a plane to meet with Airbnb hosts that very weekend. Since those early days, the value of research has been baked into Airbnb’s product culture.
The Experience Research team’s mission is to provide the robust, rich, and actionable research that product teams need at every stage of the product development cycle. As the Lead Experience Researcher for the Host Communities teams, you are embedded not only with a team of designers, PMs, and other product builders, but also with members of our Public Policy and Public Affairs teams. You will conduct best-in-class multi-method research in service of whatever projects will be most impactful for this cross-functional group, be it usability testing a product experience or conducting a nationally- or regionally-representative survey about public perception of Airbnb.
The ideal candidate has experience doing research in a public policy-focused environment and managing multiple projects and stakeholders at once. They are skilled at employing multiple methods depending on the needs of the project, either as the primary researcher or as a manager of research vendors.
- Inform and participate in product decisions from definition to launch (and after), working at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Conduct practical and impactful research across the product cycle, from formative to evaluative and everywhere in between.
- Bring insights about users by a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, log analysis, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observation, or a new method you invent.
- Share findings with designers, engineers, product managers, Public Policy team and others, creating a smarter, more informed and more empathetic team.
- Participate in outreach to the company by teaching, telling stories, and creating experiences.
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Public Policy or other field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Experience conducting or managing international research
- Visual and interaction design experience
- Experience with SQL, ETL, data analysis
- Coding/scripting skills
- Experience with cross-cultural products and international research
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Director, Product Management, Ecommerce
Director, Raw Materials
Outdoor Voices, Austin, TX
Calculation Engineer Stress and Fatigue
Harry’s, New York, NY
Senior Product Designer
Venmo, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA