Senior Data Scientist, Analytics - Growth and Traffic
Airbnb, San Francisco, CA
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to travel. We are creating highly local, personal and meaningful experiences for our host and guest community around the world. We develop products that create transformational experiences for guests millions of times each week. Our business focuses on helping guests experience the world in a more authentic and meaningful way by staying with gracious hosts who offer their own unique spaces and hospitality.
About the Team
The Growth & Traffic team is responsible for driving host and guest growth. We do this through brand marketing campaigns, performance marketing campaigns, and organic growth initiatives (e.g. email, referrals, SEO). We build products that allow us to reach more audiences, improve our targeting, and optimize our bidding.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to influence the product roadmap for the Engagement team, which owns all the promotional and transactional Email communications and Push notifications to Airbnb users.The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, great communication, and a keenness for problem solving. Examples of projects you would work on include, but are not limited to, understanding the impact of emails and push in different stages of the user's lifecycle, improving targeting and content to increase reach and engagement, testing rules to prioritize different emails going out to the same user, and etc. You will help translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative, and manifest it into product changes. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s mouthpiece to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you.
- Ownership: Be a strategic partner with the Engagement product team. Lead in-depth analysis to discover and size opportunities for additional growth levers, design and optimize tests to deliver the best user experiences.
- Communication: Own the data communications. Design and draft regular reports and progress towards company goals to senior stakeholders.
- Creativity: Refine and improve KPI metrics as the business evolves.
- Engineering: Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure, tools and processes that enable better data logging, and manage the timeliness and accessibility of data tables.
- Investigation: Conduct exploratory analysis - go deep into the data to develop hypotheses and to answer complex business questions.
- Empowerment: Think strategically about how to scale the work that you and the teams do. Develop tools and automated processes that project the work out to a broader audience. Strategize on democratizing data and insights to make analyses easily repeatable and generalizable by other team members in the future.
- 5+ years of applicable industry experiences as an analyst, or in an analytical role.
- Product analytics experience with a two-sided marketplace or e-commerce business is a plus.
- Confidence with analytical tools such as Excel, R, Python, Stata, or Matlab
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership and ability to lead and influence teams
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning models (for audience targeting).
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one