Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community first and work backward from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands-on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
About the Marketing Technology Team
Marketing Technology is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in-class marketing automation tools and systems that are used by our stakeholders in Marketing (Brand and Performance), the Guest Experience and Hosting product development teams, Policy, and more. Our Mission is to enable marketing and product teams to deliver highly personalized and relevant content to the Airbnb community, both on-site and off-site.
The Marketing Technology team powers all digital marketing channels including email, push, digital advertising and landing pages as well as the machine learning and data pipelines that feed into the management and optimization of these channels.
About The Role
As Product Manager, Marketing Technology, you will be responsible for our AdTech and Analytics verticals. This includes owning our digital advertising channels (SEM, programmatic, paid, social, affiliates, etc) and a comprehensive data strategy to support them. You will work with stakeholders to determine the best combination of internal and external tools to drive sophisticated and measurable marketing campaigns, understand attribution and customer cohorts all through a privacy compliant lens. In a quickly changing industry, you will also be responsible for driving the future of personalization technology.
This is a highly cross functional role, and you will act as a close partner to marketing, design, engineering, product management, data science, and privacy.
- Establish product vision for our Ad tools and build a unified strategy with platform capabilities such as automated marketing campaigns.
- Develop a deep understanding of our analytics needs and push the limits of actionable insights tightly integrated into our customers’ workflows.
- Partner with Marketing and Data Science to understand advertising goals and ensure necessary data and analytics are easily accessible and actionable.
- Develop a deep understanding of Airbnb’s data infrastructure in order to make informed decisions on advertising-related integrations and scope engineering requirements
- Partner with marketing and product teams to establish goals and success criteria with clearly measurable objectives and key results to deliver a great end-user experience
- Develop the product roadmap, get alignment on prioritization and timelines to meet business goals
- Understand user needs; identify and clearly articulate product requirements
- Partner with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Data Scientists to execute efficiently and deliver impact for our business and users
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Communicate concisely within the team and with leadership to influence outcomes.
- Implement best in class product development and management practices.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Ensure that we have proper end-to-end instrumentation to measure and optimize our advertising KPIs
- 7+ years of product management experience, preferably building internal tools and platforms and working with marketing or other operations stakeholders. Experience working on global advertising programs is a plus.
- Domain experience across one or more marketing technology solutions spanning channels (SEM, display advertising, affiliates, etc.) and the horizontal platforms that drive them.
- Strong understanding of industry tech including customer data platforms, mobile measurement platforms, data management platforms, tag management and web/app analytics and how these technologies work together
- Understanding of the privacy landscape as it relates to digital advertising (ie GDPR, CCPA, ATT).
- Ability to prioritize and scope marketing requests balancing long term vision and short-term pain points
- Familiarity with advertising measurement frameworks (A/B testing, geo-based experimentation) as well as Media Mix Modeling
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces. Ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable solutions
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical partners
- Experience building or supporting marketplace products is a plus
- Current or previous experience being an Airbnb host, also a plus
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- 401K match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
This is a remote job except that it is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.