Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Product Manager, Information Security
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (guests and hosts) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
About Information Security Team
Airbnb is built on trust. The Information Security team plays a critical role in maintaining and building our community’s trust in our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world and belong anywhere.
As the Product Manager in the Information Security team, you will be leading the charter, vision and roadmaps of adding security to the Airbnb infrastructure including security tools that covers areas of identity and access management; encryption; and information security and privacy compliance management, secure development life cycle. Information security is a very broad field, and you will have the opportunity to deliver impact on cross-functional company-wide initiatives.
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of user-centric security products
- Establish the vision for Information Security products based on the Airbnb shared values.
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Lead cross-functional groups to deliver on the team’s mission.
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Drive product development with a world-class team of Software Engineers, Security EngineersDesigners and Data Scientists
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on security or trust related products.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience. Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in Information Security
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.