Airbnb is growing rapidly and we are on the lookout for high energy employees for building and expanding the Operations team. As an IT Operations Engineer at Airbnb, you will be working with the global IT Experience team solving complex, time sensitive issues in our production environment. You will be the conduit between many business and technology facing teams and help shape and improve the operability of our systems and services. Your passion for understanding, reverse engineering and analyzing technical systems will directly impact how effectively IT services operate.
Please note: To apply, you must have proven industry experience greater than 10 years.
Role & Responsibilities
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, reliability, and availability of global IT infrastructure and systems.
- Handle all IT level 2 escalations (Systems, Network, Applications)
- High proficiency in network troubleshooting, fault analysis, repair, and upgrade.
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of global IT production infrastructure, including secure local and wide area networks and all other IT services 24/7.
- Participate in rotating on-call incident response after normal business work hours and on the weekends
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services.
- Proactively monitor systems, network, and applications and provide input to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems
- Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots, and integrations
- Participate cross functionally with vendors and other IT engineering teams to ensure smooth project delivery
- In-depth experience deploying and maintaining monitoring tools
- Must have strong automation/scripting skills -- proficiency in python or ruby is a must
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- In-depth working knowledge of network ip protocols and networking concepts eg: dhcp/dns/http(s), nat, vpn, 802.1x wired/wireless, wireless, clustering, load balancing, wan
- In-depth working knowledge of ip protocols (tcp, udp, icmp), firewall policy/filtering, and routing protocols (bgp, ospf, hsrp)
- Familiarity working in enterprise networks using Cisco ios/nxos, and Palo Alto firewalls
- Proficiency with various Linux distribution
- Familiar with LDAP, Active Directory, and SSO
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or EE, or relevant industry experience is required
Nice to Have
- Have lead an operations environment
- Understanding of Google domain management and administration
- Experience working with AWS and CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with one or more configuration management frameworks (puppet, chef, Ansible)
- Cisco Network Certification (CCNP/CCIE) / Palo Alto Networks Certification (PCNSE)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Web Development Instructor, Sr. Full Stack Developer
Galvanize, San Francisco
Agile Consultant--Android Direction
Software Engineering Intern - PlayStation Core
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Ads Engineering Manager
Partner Engagement Manager, India
Netflix, Mumbai, India
Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure (Brooklyn or Dublin)
Etsy, Brooklyn OR Dublin