Lead Counsel Payments, EMEA (Luxembourg)
Airbnb, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Lead Counsel, Payments EMEA, will be responsible for providing legal advice and strategy for significant payments regulatory matters for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. The role is currently expected to be based in Luxembourg City.
- Legal advice to assist Airbnb in the evaluation and management of significant and complex payments industry regulatory matters in EMEA, including, but not limited, to payments laws and regulations that apply to our licensed payments entities in the UK and Luxembourg
- Represent Airbnb on a variety of topics before regulators in the UK and Luxembourg
- Act as counsel to the boards of directors of our licensed payments entities in the UK and Luxembourg
- Legal support on licensing, compliance, and prudential matters and maintenance of our licensed payment entities in the UK and Luxembourg
- Legal support for Airbnb’s UK and Luxembourg consumer protection matters across EMEA and guidance on launch of new products in EMEA
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure that all affected business units are aware of licensing and payment regulatory requirements and positioned to facilitate compliance
- Managing and directing outside counsel in multiple jurisdictions in connection with regulatory and public policy activities and matters
- Fostering strong working relationship within the legal department and payments compliance team, senior management and business leaders
- Presenting legal perspectives on relevant regulatory matters to regional heads and other executive/senior management
- Law Degree plus professional legal qualification from UK or a Member State of the European Union
- 12 to 15 years of experience in a top law firm or corporate legal department, preferably with at least 5 years in a regulated payments business in the EMEA region
- Deep understanding payments policy making and regulatory developments
- Experience working directly with financial regulators in the region
- Ability to provide practical legal advice and recommendations to senior management on matters of significant importance to the company
- Ability to operate independently while demonstrating good judgment on escalations and cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to handle a diverse set of issues and provide a high level of customer service in a friendly and professional manner
- High level of personal integrity, a passion for payments, proven dedication to excellence and a flexible, creative, innovative personality
- Strong communication, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to invite differing perspectives when addressing challenges
- Ability to work across various time zones and cultural backgrounds.
- Self-starter with a sense of humour and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and face paced environment
- Fluent in English, other European language(s) a plus
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Jobs You May Like
Retail Supply Chain Distribution & Fulfillment Consulting Seni...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA