Experience Designer, Special Projects - Samara
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
What should Airbnb build in 2018? In 2019 and beyond? Samara is a rapid prototyping team pioneering the future of belonging. Testing our “craziest” ideas, we focus on identifying and building the products that will elevate human connection and transform communities 10 years from now. Our goal is to identify and create an early launch 2 to 3 new products initiatives that further our company mission in 2017.
Designing and prototyping is an important part of our discovery and development process. We are looking for a Designer to help us craft user value and visualize user flows into beautiful, testable product designs.
Online portfolio required to apply.
- Identify new product opportunities, define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process
- Concept interactions across mediums and new technologies: web, mobile, TV, VR
- Provide inspiring creative direction
- Create visual language for diverse set of products and styles
- Created detailed, production quality designs for product launches
- Facilitate workshops and design sprints to generate new concepts or build early prototypes
- Research and implement new projects to promote creativity and innovation for the team and the company and large
- 5+ years industry experience in product design
- Experience with end-to-end product design, including supporting engineering with production design
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills, including Sketch, Framer, video editing and production, animation
- Experience collaborating with research, product management and engineering partners
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS, emails)
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Has shipped multiple products
- Interest in learning and designing for new platforms beyond mobile
- Facilitation skills
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer - iOS and Android
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior Product Manager - Ecosystem Strategic Partnerships
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Senior Technical Bra Designer
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Director, Risk Product Management
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Product Design - Intern 2018
Quora, Mountain View, CA