Engineering Manager, Host Acquisition, Experiences
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Engineering Managers, Experiences
Airbnb Experiences launched in November 2016 with the ambitious goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. We started by focusing on Experiences. Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local hosts. Hosts give travelers unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city. Experiences product is making travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and making it easy to travel authentically. The Experiences Host Acquisition team is creating the world's most loved community of hospitality entrepreneurs via acquiring, educating, and empowering hosts globally in an efficient way.
Since our initial launch, the team has been growing the new Experiences product exponentially by helping our hosts build new businesses and our guests experience travel in a new way. We’ve already seen tremendous growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We’re looking for a collaborative and entrepreneurial engineering leader who has experience building organizations from the ground up. If you’re interested in making a significant impact on our product and are passionate about empowering tens of thousands of Experience hosts around the world, this team is for you.
We value Engineering Managers who have:
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams. Experience independently starting self-sustaining teams is a plus.
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
- Operated well in the unknown - Experiences is growing quickly and constantly faces new challenges. We’re looking for someone who is able to adapt and shift strategy quickly and is able to manage the team well in the process.
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Worked well in cross-functional teams (eng, product, design, operations)
The Experiences Host team is responsible for:
- Growing a community of hundreds of thousands of Experience hosts.
- Working closely with operations to acquire and onboard supply in hundreds of markets.
- Building technical foundation to scale longer term efforts like machine learned experience taxonomy, automated vetting and quality enforcement, and more.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit Airbnb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Magicverse
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL (HQ), Toronto, ON, Tel Aviv, Israel, Zurich, Switzerland, Culver City, CA, Sunnyvale, CA