Data Science Manager - Analytics, Homes
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere, and providing a world class experience to our users is critical to our mission.
Airbnb’s Homes Team is responsible for some of the most sophisticated and critical products at Airbnb, covering the entire guest conversion funnel, including search, booking and pricing. Airbnb’s recent expansion to new trip verticals -- experiences, places and others to come -- presents the Homes Team with a new set of challenges of connecting guests to amazing experiences.
As a Data Analytics Manager on Homes, you’ll act as a thought partner to empower the Homes team to drive impact through proactive, holistic and data informed decision making. Some areas of responsibility include:
- Deep dive analysis into Airbnb’s vast data to uncover opportunities.
- Partner with data scientists and analysts to help “tell the story” behind the data.
- Product Strategy:
- Partnering with leadership to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth/quality.
- Evaluate and define product and business metrics.
- Product Execution:
- Communicate state of the business to stakeholders.
- Digest and interpret experiments.
- Decision Tools:
- Democratize data by building and socializing decision tools (dashboards, reports).
- Build key data sets/pipelines to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- 4+ years of industry analytics experience with proven business impact; 1+ years in management
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution.
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences, including ability to “story tell” with data.
- Ability to write and mentor code development in SQL and Python (or R).
- Experience with dashboard design and data viz tools (i.e. Tableau).
- Experience with building data pipelines is a plus.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
North America Marketing Analytics Lead
Casper, New York
Data Scientist - Inference, China
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Data Analyst Intern (Summer 2018)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Senior Quantitative Analyst, Payments Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Zuora, Detroit, MI
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Paris, France