Software Engineer, New Grad, PhD (2018)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
At Airbnb, we use technology to create human connection all around the world. Our engineering teams see big challenges as opportunities to craft beautiful and scalable solutions that inspire technical innovation, both in our company and in the tech and travel industries as a whole. We’ve already booked upwards of ten million nights and empowered millions of guests and hosts to reimagine what it means to belong anywhere. There is still so much more that we want to build from scratch and improve! We are looking for passionate, technically agile new grads who want to be part of a company that’s pioneering a new kind of global community.
What are examples of work that New Grad Software Engineers have done at Airbnb?
- We re-built the List Your Space flow. We A/B tested every change carefully and within three months, doubled the conversion rate.
- We created Neighborhoods, a product that answers the question of which parts of a city have desirable Airbnb listings for you. We built systems that allowed writers, translators, and photographers all over the world to collaborate on bringing cities to life. Read more.
- We’ve created APIs for our partners to give appraisals based on Airbnb pricing data and lets users authorize the partner to access their Airbnb account
The following experience is relevant to us:
- PhD degree in computer science, math or a related technical field
- Experience using Python, Java, Scala, Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience using C++, and SQL for the backend (project dependent)
There are lots of benefits to working at Airbnb! Some of our new grads’ favorites include:
- Competitive pay, a generous relocation bonus, and Paid Time Off
- Quarterly employee travel coupons so you can explore Airbnb’s incredible listings
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner inspired by the local cuisine of listings from around the world
- Company-sponsored tech talks and social events
- Much more...
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Engineering Manager, Front End
BuzzFeed, New York
Senior Developer (m/w)
Software Engineer, App Hardening
Snap Inc., Yverdon, Switzerland
Site Reliability Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Software Engineer - Machine Learning Ph.D Intern 2018
Quora, Mountain View, CA