Product Manager - Product and Service Excellence
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We are creating highly local, personal and meaningful experiences for our host and guest community around the world. We develop products that create transformational experiences for guests millions of times each week.
Airbnb is on the cutting edge of product development. Our hosts are opening their homes to travelers from around the world, and our product makes it all possible. We have a lean team of product managers who guide a team of engineers, designers and data scientists to ship products that drive our business forward.
Team Background: Product and Service Excellence
- Customer Vision: Success is about delivering great customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey.
- Business Vision: We are building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivering an exceptional level of customer service while also improving efficiency and the customer service agent experience.
San Francisco Product Manager Role
We are looking for an exceptional product leader who is passionate about the Customer Experience, who thinks and acts globally, and who leads with a customer-first mentality. He/she will lead a data science and engineering team that is focused on building and launching innovative capacity planning methodologies, and partner with global Operations, Capacity Planning, Finance, and local sites to roll out new models.
Focus #1: Data-science driven capacity planning models to provide differentiated support for our Airbnb community when they need it most.
- Vision: We know how to staff and train our customer experience team to best support our growing community and offer a differentiated service experience.
- Objective: Our product dynamically adjusts to business changes and can accurately inform headcount requirements, training, and staffing.
- Products: Capacity planning models; processes that allow Airbnb to launch, iterate and scale capacity planning models to support new Airbnb business verticals in the coming years; capacity planning and management tools that improve operating accuracy and efficiency.
Focus #2: Develop a roadmap for the data analytics and data science pipelines needed to support and scale Airbnb Customer Experience.
- 5+ years business operations, operations research, and/or product management experience
- Vision, roadmapping, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, experiment planning, defining product roll-out strategy
- Highly collaborative and able to manage stakeholders up, down and cross-functionally
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with rapidly changing business conditions that is typical of a fast growing company
- Willing to travel to Seattle or Portland offices a few times per quarter
- Experience with SQL and A/B experimentation are a plus
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Group Product Manager - Local Business Products
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Analytics
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Vice President of Product, Attractions and Rentals
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA or San Francisco, CA
Product Manager Lead - Core Sync
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Senior Manager of Product Management
BuzzFeed, New York