We are seeking an ambitious, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited individual to join us as Korea Country Manager in our Seoul office, to take Airbnb’s Korea business into its next stage of growth. Endowed with a deep understanding of the market dynamics in Korea, the Country Manager will own and execute the Korean business strategy. This role reports directly to the Regional Director, APAC based in Singapore.
You will be the primary voice and ambassador for the Korean market. You will lead an enterprising operations team to continue growing our business in Korea. Together with the Korea leadership team, you will set transparent objectives, collaborate with your cross-functional counterparts and execute the Airbnb strategy on the ground.
We are seeking a natural born leader, mentor and motivator who can grow, develop and enhance the team. You will have proven ability in building, leading and inspiring teams.
- Develop, own and drive the strategy and operational plan for the Korean market, covering areas including user growth, supply acquisition, business travel and partnerships;
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (including from marketing, communications, public policy, HR, legal, customer service and trust & safety) to execute the plan and achieve company goals;
- Partner with product teams on improvements required to better position Airbnb’s platform for success in the Korean market;
- Act as the primary advocate and expert for Korea within Airbnb;
- Lead the Seoul office and drive internal culture based on Airbnb’s core values;
- Represent Airbnb in media relations and in discussions with strategic partners and governmental agencies.
- Leadership experience in global technology companies, preferably consumer internet businesses, with a track record of bridging the local Korean market with a multinational company’s global headquarters and representing Korean customer interests exceptionally well;
- Proven operator who can plan budgets, manage a P&L, drive operational and sales excellence, structure and develop organizations, communicate effectively, and build, lead and grow cross-functional teams;
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver who is able to use metrics to test and audit performance and drive continuous improvements. S/he will not focus only on what competitors do, but on what will truly benefit customers;
- Comfortable in navigating and excelling in challenging environments with no playbook for success, and able to simplify complex concepts and bring clarity to ambiguous situations;
- An undeniably positive attitude, passion for Airbnb, extreme dedication, professional approach, and ability to role-model Airbnb’s core values.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Global Operations Associate
Flexport, Amsterdam, NL
Area Business Manager
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, Los Angeles
Salesforce Administrator/Analyst Consultant
Hortonworks, Santa Clara, CA
Technical Advisor - Lead
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Production Floor Associate: First Shift
Warby Parker, Sloatsburg, NY
Logistics Operations, Team Lead
Instacart, San Francisco