Business Process Improvement Manager (9-month contract)
Airbnb, Dublin, Ireland
Who wouldn't want to work here?
Please note this is a 9 month contract
As a Business Process improvement Manager you will be responsible for improving Customer Experience (CX) business processes in order to achieve Airbnb's mission - "the Most Loved hospitality company on the planet, and beyond". You will be an integral member of the Business Process Improvement (BPI) team and report to the Global BPI Manager.
You will lead global and regional programs and projects that will focus on the continuous improvement of CX operations efficiency, process quality and customer experience. You will work cross-functionally with CX Operations, Training, Quality and Knowledge Management teams to ensure that the front line CX Specialists have the most efficient and effective workflows to help with resolving customer issues .
You will design and implement process measurement systems, analyse process data utilize this information to identify and assess opportunities for improvement as part of the continuous improvement process.
- Lean Six Sigma mentor for BPI specialists
- May represent the BPI team in the Operational Change Management Team
- Implements process improvement projects using Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Builds relationships with cross-functional CX and broader business stakeholders
- Organizes, leads and facilitates global cross-functional programs and project teams.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Collects data and insights from operations to identify root cause of problems. Measures performance against process requirements.
- Provides consultation on the use of Lean Six Sigma techniques to improve process performance and product quality and end to end customer experience
- Surveys, identifies and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes. Leads initiatives to implement best practices in operations
- Performs cost and benefit analyses and constructs business cases for process improvement opportunities. Presents opportunities for approval to senior leadership
- Communicates progress to stakeholders.
- Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
Skills, Behaviors, Competencies
- Solution orientated, overcomes obstacles, quickly devises and implements workarounds
- Action orientated self-starter who is driven to deliver results and exceed expectations
- Proficient in the areas of process and root cause analysis
- A critical thinker with the ability to understand the implications of a given scenario within the operational context
- Skilled at influencing stakeholders and gaining buy-in for improvement ideas
- Superb at communicating upwards, laterally and downwards to stakeholders in the organization; including presenting to senior leadership
- Strong technical expertise - Analyze operational dashboards to determine areas for improvement, problems and the impact of a given process change. Skilled at the use of excel. Entry level SQL.
- Proven track-record of developing support solutions with positive impact to business metrics.
- Experienced in project management and leading cross-functional teams to successfully achieve business goals
Education, Experience and Requirements
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the following (or similar) areas: Business Process Modelling, Analysis and Design, Project/Programme Management
- Lean Six Sigma Certified (ideally a Black Belt)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries.
Want to learn more about Airbnb? Visit https://www.airbnb.com/
Jobs You May Like
Guest Service Representative
Golden State Warriors, Santa Cruz Warriors
Customer Service Representative
Kickstarter, San Francisco
Associate Manager, Customer Experience
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee
Customer Success Manager
Trustpilot, New York, NY
Customer Happiness Specialist
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco
Customer Experience Associate (Part Time)
Lyft, Nashville, TN