Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal in this role is to build a detection platform to detect and respond to threats facing our infrastructure, customers and employees. The Infrastructure Security Engineer will be responsible for building the systems that the Detection and Response team uses, working with our Production Engineering team on the Airtable hosting system, and advising the internal IT team on how to best secure our corporate cloud.
If you had been here for the last three months, you would have:
- Implemented a new SIEM system in support of the Detection and Response program we’re building.
- Reviewed PRs and written Terraform for the Production Engineering team
- Documented and improved how we manage our production access laptop systems
- Worked on a migration of our EDR to a new product
This team is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining the Security group’s infrastructure in support of our growing program.
- Advising and assisting the Production Engineering teams in Security matters. Sometimes this is purely documentation and RFC writing/editing, sometimes it’s running POCs for them to show how something can work.
- Working with our Compliance team to answer customer questions, assist with audits, and improve our posture.
- Assisting the IT team with automation and cloud work.
Individuals who are successful in this role are:
- Experienced in some combination of DevOps, Ops, Security Engineering, or SRE
- Comfortable programming utility scripts, ideally in Python, and willing to pick up some new language familiarity
- Knowledgeable in the ways of some cloud provider, preferably AWS
- Automation-minded, looking to always let the machines do the work
- Comfortable working with teams outside of Security and influencing without having explicit authority. We’re not a “do this because Security says so” sort of team, teams have to welcome our help
- You don’t need to fit all of those perfectly; if it sounds like you and the direction you want to go, please apply below!
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Part spreadsheet, part database, and entirely flexible, teams use Airtable to organize their work, their way. Airtable is growing and looking for talented individuals to help us on our mission to give everyone the tools they need to organize their world.
Want to learn more about Airtable? Visit Airtable's website.
Brewing up the future, today.