At Airtable, we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Building a remarkable team is a top-level company priority as we execute on this vision, and we need a world-class Technical Accounting function to make it happen! This is a unique opportunity to be part of the founding Technical Accounting team where you will have an incredible impact on how we achieve our goals with hands-on support to our Airtable team and customers.
This role is the lead Technical Accountant for Airtable’s External Reporting and Non-Revenue technical accounting consultations from the business. In this capacity you will be the driver on the preparation and issuance of Airtable’s annual financial statements and related disclosures; and, run point on the annual audit, coordinating internal teams with the external auditors. You’ll also collaborate with functions throughout the company on business contracts and other transactions to ensure they are recorded timely and properly in accordance with GAAP.
What you'll do
- You’ll build strong and effective working relationships with the external auditors and coordinate on the planning and execution of the annual audit, adoption of new accounting standards, accounting research and documentation for recurring business policies, as well as material, non-standard transactions
- You’ll be the primary driver to prepare, update and evolve the company’s external financials and disclosures being sure to keep up with and reflect the latest changes in Airtable’s business as well as external reporting trends and techniques
- You’ll draft or co-author all critical accounting policies and maintain them in a current format as the business grows and evolves in complexity
- You’ll research, assess and determine applicability, and be the primary driver for the implementation and adoption of any new accounting pronouncements.
- You’ll serve as a collaborative partner to various functions in the business, reviewing and advising on purchase, partner and business development contracts, including interpreting contract arrangements, understanding the technical accounting implications and, as needed, propose appropriate deal structuring and contract wording to ensure proper and reasonable accounting treatment
- As the company grows, you’ll build a team to support your areas of responsibility
- You’ll execute on ad hoc projects as requested
Who you are
- You are a CPA and have 5+ years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting firms and/or large public companies.
- You have deep applied experience preparing, reviewing and auditing GAAP financials and related disclosures as well as Management’s Discussion and Analysis of results.
- You have deep, applied experience with GAAP; including revenue recognition, leases, share-based compensation, mergers and acquisitions and internally developed and on premise software accounting.
- You have strong capabilities researching, analyzing, documenting and applying technical accounting matters.
- You have experience with purchase contract reviews and related accounting ramifications. Partner contracts and business development deal structuring, are a plus
- You have first-hand experience interacting with external parties, including clients and/or auditors
- Preferred: Experience with SOX, SaaS, and global companies is a strong plus
- Preferred Systems: Salesforce, Workday, Mode and/or similar systems
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity.
- High-functioning, working knowledge of current GAAP and accounting policies and procedures best practices
- High-functioning working knowledge of External Reporting, including SEC reporting standards, best practices and trends and techniques
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills
- Acute attention to detail and well developed organization and time management skills
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, follow through and ownership over your work. You not only execute with efficiency and accuracy but also look for ways to improve how we do things
- Strong English language reading and writing skills to draft technical memos, develop written accounting policies and draft financial statements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Your approach is clear, thoughtful, and customer-focused; including the ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization
- Team-oriented approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member, as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a growing, complex, fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently, but also knows how to have fun while doing it!
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!
Part spreadsheet, part database, and entirely flexible, teams use Airtable to organize their work, their way. Airtable is growing and looking for talented individuals to help us on our mission to give everyone the tools they need to organize their world.
Want to learn more about Airtable? Visit Airtable's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.