Software Engineer / Machine Learning
Airware, San Francisco
We help enterprises develop actionable insights with powerful drone analytics
Airware's end-to-end platform for integrating drone operations into everyday business workflows has given us the unique opportunity to use previously uncollectable aerial data to transform industries like insurance, quarrying, mining, and construction. We are looking for a new teammate who will be responsible for designing algorithms, analyzing data, and building software that turns aerial data into business outcomes for enterprise customers. In this role you will drive the full lifecycle of data and analytics products, identifying challenges in collaboration with product managers and customer-facing teams, ideating and prototyping new solutions, iterating on algorithms to improve accuracy and efficiency, and working with our cloud engineering team to deploy your solution into production on the Airware Cloud. Our ideal candidate learns new concepts quickly, is eager to dive deeply into unsolved challenges that generate customer value, and pragmatically balances research with deliverable results.
Example Projects and Responsibilities
- Leverage best-in-class models for object detection to robustly identify storm damage on residential rooftops from drone-collected images
- Optimize and simplify machine learning models for mobile deployment to enable in-field analytics in our mobile app
- Build queries and filters on annotation databases to construct ML training datasets from unstructured or ad hoc manual input
- Analyze haul vehicle efficiency based on telemetry logs and digital road network models derived from drone imagery collected over mines and quarries
- Analyze data processing server logs to build a predictive model for compute time, scaling properties, and resource costs given the size and complexity of an input dataset
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Experience with machine learning, data science, deep learning, and statistical modeling
- Experience implementing of machine learning models in common ML frameworks (TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, etc)
- Experience applying machine learning to image classification, segmentation, and object identification
- Fluency with data analysis and programming in Python
- Experience deploying training and evaluation tasks to cloud computing infrastructures (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Curiosity to try out new ideas and tenacity to solve challenging problems
- Comfortable working with real-world data that is oftentimes noisy, incomplete, or inconsistent
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or experience solving problems with data
- Domain knowledge in computer vision, photogrammetry, GIS
- Proficiency with scientific computing libraries like numpy, scipy, sklearn, OpenCV, GDAL
- Experience with other languages, such as Go, C++, R
- Experience with collaborative software development, continuous integration, and testing frameworks
- Familiarity with distributed data systems like Kubernetes or Spark
How to Apply and What to Expect
In addition to a resume, please include a short explanation of your background, accomplishments (links to past projects are always helpful), and what excites you about Airware. This will help us to get a multi-dimensional view of who you are and connect you with the right person at Airware.
Be prepared to have a detailed discussion with a member of our team over the phone or via video chat.
Airware provides secure and scalable solutions that enable enterprises to digitize their business and turn aerial data into actionable business intelligence. World-class enterprises look to Airware to improve productivity, operational efficiency, and worker safety. Airware has raised more than $90 million to date from leading venture capital investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, and Next World Capital, with strategic investments from enterprise customers and partners including Caterpillar Ventures, GE Ventures, Google Ventures, and Intel Capital. Airware’s Americas headquarters are located in San Francisco, CA and EMEA headquarters in Paris, France. For more information, go to Airware.com or follow Airware on Twitter: @Airware.
What We Do Airware is an enterprise drone analytics company enabling enterprises to harness aerial data and turn it into valuable business insights that can be shared and acted on across sites, teams, and geographies. Our solutions enable enterprises to reinvent their organizations for the digital era by translating aerial data into business impact. Drones are enabling companies to more efficiently and effectively capture data, and Airware allows enterprises to integrate this data with existing information and workflows to improve efficiency, productivity, and safety.
Want to learn more about Airware? Visit Airware's website.
409 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Support Senior Engineer - Remote Access VPN / SSL VP...
SonicWall, Bangalore, Karnataka, India