At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington D.C., you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. As skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Art directors play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and they craft output, developing and delivering projects from the brief to end user.
- Possess not just exceptional art direction skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- Establish art direction, style and tone of communication for projects, and propose and deliver world-class executions of innovative interface-design and interaction-design experiences, across all digital platforms
- Listen to and respond to briefs, and question where there are gaps
- Provide assets to relevant disciplines to implement designs, and provide visual QA comments to, and carry out consultation with, our client services, technology and project management teams
- Be accountable for the project design deliverables and quality control, and apply strong information presentation skills, visual and written, for internal team and clients
- Create and manage original, persuasive and conceptually compelling work for projects, content and experiences, with some supervision
- Collaborate with the client and with various teams within AKQA
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Offer two or more years of experience
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality art direction and design across a variety of projects
- Considerable experience developing successful concepts, many of which have been adopted by clients or other team members
- Proven creative success working in collaborative, multi-functional teams
- Strong information presentation skills, visual and written
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas of their kind in the world
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.