The User Experience Architect role in the team is focused on drawing together the client’s business requirements, the user requirements, and an understanding the technical environment in which the solution is to be delivered.Our Experience Architects are process driven, structured and able to bring order to complex systems.
Using their core skills in information architecture and requirements gathering, plus their wide-ranging knowledge of usability principles and techniques, the Experience Architect defines the technical aspects of the user’s experience (e.g. identification of user types/usage scenarios, defining logic flows, content inventories and ecosystem maps) through to delivery of detailed deliverables (e.g. Storymapping, information architecture, navigation systems, content wireframes and documentation). They have an overall view of the objectives and strategy behind the project, plus the attention to detail to be able to define how the project will work at a granular and functional level.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Two or more years of User Experience design relevant experience
- Clear communication of complex systems both orally and through documentation
- Proficient with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Able to manage and implement IA/UX best practices
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools for rapid, iterative prototyping
- Experience designing for different platforms and touchpoints
- Has worked on eCommerce and large website build projects
- Familiar with Agile processes
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A strong portfolio showcasing your comprehensive understanding of core UX principles
- Able to create simple solutions to complex design problems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams with international colleagues
- Ability to see the big picture as well as having attention to small details
- A strong desire to continuously improve within the field of UX and design
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.