At AKQA and Millipede, an AKQA group company, we believe that the application of education, creativity and technology can make a meaningful difference to people’s lives.
An exciting position has just opened up for a passionate and enthusiastic Mid-Level Learning Designer at Millipede, AKQA's interactive mobile experiences hub. Millipede is an award-winning app developer, specialising in play-based apps for children.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing the learning design approach for apps on educational projects, reporting to and working closely with the Learning Design Lead. You will draw on the methodology of play- and/or game-based learning to ensure the games and activities are fun for users, appropriate for the target audience, and achieve the project goals.
You will develop ideas, content, and documentation, to deliver the defined learning outcomes and requirements, conduct user testing of early builds, and review builds at key points throughout development. When required, you may also contribute to initial concept development and participate in concept workshops. Your work will be informed by your understanding of how people learn and the affordances of technology to support engaged learning, as well as your proven experience working on projects to develop interactive educational resources.
For this specific role, we are ideally looking for someone who has experience working on children’s play-based educational apps. The successful candidate will need to hold or undergo a working with children check.
- Identify and/or interpret salient aspects of curriculum or other learning-related documents to help determine project-based learning outcomes and creative solutions.
- Create and maintain clear learning content documentation, including wireframes/concept drawings, flowcharts, functional specifications and level tables as needed.
- Write, edit and maintain content scripts for voice-overs and onscreen text.
- Review learning content documentation, builds and/or other learning-related artefacts as needed, ensuring adherence to the defined project-based learning design approach.
- Coordinate requirements for voice-over recording sessions, direct voice talent, check audio files and maintain all associated documentation.
- Prepare for and conduct user testing sessions, analyse findings and report recommendations to team members.
- Brief and liaise with subject matter experts as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other project cross-discipline team members, especially game designers, art designers and developers.
- Contribute, when required, to learning design at concepting stage. This may include proposing game ideas, creating documentation, participating in workshops, undertaking research and presenting findings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience designing educational interactive resources, preferably for children.
- Strong understanding of learning theories and principles, especially those related to play-based and game-based learning for children. Familiarity with language learning principles would also be highly regarded.
- Familiarity with and ability to interpret curriculum frameworks and other learning-related materials.
- Firm understanding of the app design and development process.
- Experience and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Shows proactivity, passion, and energy for clients and businesses.
- Ensures Millipede and AKQA Values are reflected in our work and team: covering innovation, service, quality and diversity.
- Embraces a culture of continuous improvement and commitment to learning/self-development.
- Is highly organised, adaptable, self-motivated, and able to solve problems.
- Provides recognition and constructive feedback to team members in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Peloton, Minneapolis Warehouse
Ripple, London, UK
Retail Manager (Enjoy Captain) - Columbus
Enjoy, Columbus, OH
Manager, Portfolio & Program Management, Oncology
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Operations Director NL
Director of FP&A
Starcity, San Francisco, California