At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
The Motion Designer at AKQA will work with creative teams across various projects, both internal and external. Bringing exceptional creative thought and craft output, the Senior Motion Designer will develop and deliver projects from brief to end user.
- Work with team members to develop streamlined motion design processes, strategic expansion, and maintenance of technical infrastructure
- Proactively pursue opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives
- Explore emergent technologies and methodologies to help produce cutting-edge creative executions and department workflow efficiencies
- Demonstrate the ability to both work in a solo capacity, or coordinate/direct other motion designers in the execution of larger projects
- Act as both a hands-on producer and a strategic, conceptual leader on a project or client basis
- Define consumers, processes and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight and effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
- Take personal responsibility for on-time deliverables
- Educate internal groups about motion design and video production while providing a contribution to the development of client relationships
- Be an advocate on behalf of the Film and Motion department within the agency at large
- Assist in the creation of motion graphics for award entries and case studies of key projects
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A reel/portfolio of commercial work demonstrating an exceptional design and motion aesthetic in both 2D and 3D
- Expert in After Effects, Cinema 4D and Photoshop. Competency in Premiere and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, techniques, and approaches
- Mastery of a wide range of video production tools and expert knowledge of post-production processes and workflows
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal departments and interface effectively with clients
- A 3-6 years professional motion design experience
- Experience leading large motion design projects, including concepts, resource scoping, client interaction, and final execution
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.