The User Experience team at AKQA are at the forefront of new thinking and techniques. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, the team use their own research, ideation and design, with minimal direction.
Senior User Experience Architects draw together client business and customer/end-user requirements, within an understanding of the technical delivery environment, to develop a blueprint for the solution.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Develop award-winning experiences working with AKQA Creative, Planning and Technology teams.
- Apply solid user experience and usability principles while looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach and the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types.
- Able to use/introduce more advanced UCD techniques (rapid prototyping, remote testing etc.) to improve efficiency in the user experience process and the quality of the solution.
- Able to contribute at a high level to the overall strategic client approach, taking into account relevant marketplace, consumer and technology factors.
- Able to develop UE solutions for multiple locales while considering: cultural sensitivities, componentisation of solutions for market rollout, language and script requirements.
- Able to develop UE solutions for a wide variety of platforms and devices including mobile, web, kiosk, TV etc.
- Lead User Experience work streams on large-scale and complex projects.
- Promote collaborative work practices, and identify opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design.
- Demonstrate cross-functional understanding; clearly articulate purpose and value of other disciplines within Strategic Services, identifying when their input is needed.
- Provide support, guidance and mentoring to junior members of the User Experience Team.
- Take an active role in new business pitches where appropriate.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven capability to lead large-scale, multiple work-stream projects and effectively manage other UE resources within them.
- Extensive information architecture/content strategy/user experience/usability experience for blue-chip clients.
- Experience of working with standard IA and UCD tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies.
- Experience of content management systems and ecommerce.
- Experience of cross-platform design.
- Knowledge of designing for social is highly beneficial.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.