- Develop award-winning experiences working with AKQA Creative, Planning and Technology teams.
- Apply solid user experience and usability principles while looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach and the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types.
- Able to use/introduce more advanced UCD techniques (rapid prototyping, remote testing etc.) to improve efficiency in the user experience process and the quality of the solution.
- Able to contribute at a high level to the overall strategic client approach, taking into account relevant marketplace, consumer and technology factors.
- Able to develop UE solutions for multiple locales while considering: cultural sensitivities, componentisation of solutions for market rollout, language and script requirements.
- Able to develop UE solutions for a wide variety of platforms and devices including mobile, web, kiosk, TV etc.
- Provide feedback to and consultation with Client Services, Creative, Technology, and Project Management teams throughout the duration of the project.
- Lead User Experience work streams on large-scale and complex projects.
- Promote collaborative work practices, and identify opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design.
- Foster a relationship of trust with Client Services and Business Development by offering relevant advice and supporting them throughout sales and delivery.
- Demonstrate cross-functional understanding; clearly articulate purpose and value of other disciplines within Strategic Services, identifying when their input is needed.
- Be highly aware of user experience best practice.
- Provide support, guidance and mentoring to junior members of the User Experience Team.
- Take an active role in new business pitches where appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Proven capability to lead large-scale, multiple workstream projects and effectively manage other UE resources within them.
- Extensive information architecture/content strategy/user experience/usability experience for blue-chip clients.
- Experience of working with standard IA and UCD tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies.
- Experience of content management systems and ecommerce.
- Experience of cross-platform design.
- Knowledge of designing for social is highly beneficial.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.