AKQA’s Director of Production will be a part of leadership team. They will oversee the entire project management department. The Director of Production will have a staff of highly skilled interactive project managers as direct reports. This director role will define and refine the services offered by project management, articulate delivery methodology and best practice, resource needs and allocation, time management and all facets of project/program level financial management.
The Director of Production owns all new program scoping, schedule management and cost estimation. Ultimately this role is held directly accountable to annual office-wide profit margin delivery and is expected to ensure all processes are in place to deliver on this goal.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and deliver large global projects on time and budget, including scope, risk, schedule, QA and communication
- Participate in new business pitches
- Participate in monthly management meetings and decision making processes as part of senior staff
- Set standards for and assist in the training of project managers
- Create consistent and reliable, best practice based project documentation
- Responsible for project revenue management and reporting
- Identify resource requirements, required skill sets and the allocation of team members
- Effectively manage stakeholder communication to both internal and external groups
- Effectively manage conflict negotiation and project escalation
- Effectively identify and manage risk
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent, MBA a plus
- Project Management experience preferably in a consulting or digital agency environment executing both marketing and technical components of a solution
- Experience with direct employee supervision and management
- Proven track record of managing complex, cross functional projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Extensive experience in managing complex global interactive assignments with Fortune 500 brands
- Excellent leadership, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong technical knowledge of the web and software development processes
- Strong knowledge in mobile application creative and development approach
- Retail digital experience and OOH technologies experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of project management tools, best practices and processes
- Proven organizational skills and relentless attention to detail
- Recent project delivery experience with specific methodologies pertinent to software and application development
- General understanding of other web technologies and related technical issues across modern browser and platforms
- General understanding of web-based technology platforms for e-commerce, content and information management, portal frameworks and system integration.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Travel Intrapreneur (for Luxury Travel)
Ventura TRAVEL, Berlin (or any other location)
Assistant Manager - Mayfair Mall
Lush Cosmetics, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Manager, Frontline Operations
Notarize, Arlington, VA
Property Security Functional Lead
Airbnb, Dublin, Ireland
Salesforce Technical Architect
Yelp, San Francisco, CA