At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Clients include Activision, Audi, Blizzard, Genentech, IBM Watson, Levi Strauss & Co, and Service Now.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
AKQA Software Engineers are inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative technical solutions.
You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You can articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve client deliverables.
As a Software Engineer, you will build innovative websites, leveraging content management systems and build services using web and industry best practices. You will create robust solutions that are easy to deploy and a delight to operate. You will trail blaze new and innovative solutions using the latest server-side technologies.
Skills and Experience
- Proven development track-record developing Adobe AEM solutions
- Architecture: You have experience building distributed systems. You can demonstrate facility with OO design patterns and modern application stacks, and familiarity with REST, Spring, OSGi, JEE and similar frameworks and standards
- Coding: You can write well-crafted, object-oriented code in Java that aims for resilience, scalability, and maintainability. You can put together the right combination of unit, integration, smoke and acceptance tests to ensure its quality. You address problems with pragmatism, inventiveness, and attention to detail
- Agile and Continuous Delivery: You're comfortable with the daily disciplines of standups, estimation, and managing task flow with Jira or similar. You have a solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices, tools and processes, and know your way around source management (git), test automation, and build automation
- Cloud: We work in virtualized development environments and run in the cloud, so familiarity with Vagrant and Chef are a plus
- Team: Contribute to AKQA's dynamic culture as a mentor, collaborator and supporter of your coworkers
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Medallia, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Systems Reliability Engineer (Mandarin Speaking)
Senior iOS Engineer
Meetup, New York
Senior Vehicle Controls and Dynamics Engineer (Machine and Powertrain Design Focus)
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Software Test Engineer
IT Systems Manager - Supply Chain
Harry’s, New York, NY