The Human Resources Manager must be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of employment law, immigration and employee benefits. This position is in charge of supporting all employees in the Portland studio. The HR Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a variety of Human Resources programs. This position partners with line managers and provides guidance regarding employee relations issues.
Located in downtown Portland, as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team.
- Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Coach and counsel employees on issues ranging from problems with co-workers to problems with management. Monitor discussions to identify trends and call attention to any areas of concern.
- Facilitate and execute orientation for new employees. Monitor program to ensure all activities are carried out by responsible parties.
- Complete/submit new hire/promotion/salary increase/termination paperwork to Payroll for processing.
- Facilitate professional development programs for current employees and assist with the execution of individual development plans. This includes developing and delivering internal training programs on various topics and includes working with management to identify external training resources and providing information on resources.
- Recommend and implement procedures to improve quality and efficiency in HR department best practices.
- Conduct exit interviews with terminating employees. Maintain exit interview data and provide reports as needed. Review data regularly to identify trends and call attention to any areas of concern.
- 8+ years experience as an HR professional
- Experience working in a creative environment
- 3+ years managing, leading and inspiring a team
- Ability to facilitate and maintain positive relationships with cross-functional teams as well as leadership
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism and ethical standards is required
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Strong attention to detail and insistence on accuracy
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with the implementation of HRIS systems and experience with specifically with ADP preferred
- BS/BA in HR, Business Administration or relevant field. MBA/MA in HR a plus
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Store Leader, Ice Blocks
Warby Parker, Sacramento, CA
Agent Logistique (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Construction Project Manager
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Digital Product Strategist
Customer Advocate (UK)
PlanGrid, United Kingdom
Vice President, User Success
Quartet, New York, NY