The Human Resources Director must be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of employment law, immigration and employee benefits. This position is in charge of supporting all employees in the Portland studio. The HR Director is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a variety of Human Resources programs. This position partners with department heads and provides guidance regarding employee relations issues.
Located in downtown Portland, as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as part of the senior leadership team – driving people strategies and advising on human resource topics.
- Experience and ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Coach and counsel employees on issues ranging from problems with co-workers to problems with management. Monitor discussions to identify trends and call attention to any areas of concern.
- Develops and implements people strategies in alignment and support of business objectives.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership, including career development and disciplinary actions.
- Listen and counsel employees on issues ranging from personnel matters to concerns with management. Lead investigations and resolution of complaints of the highest complexity and sensitivity.
- Consult with leadership to effectively plan for merit increases and own the performance management process start to finish.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local employment-related regulations, including EEO, FMLA, OSHA, ADA and ADEA.
- Provide guidance on business unit restructures, workforce and succession planning, working closely with managers to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Facilitate and execute orientation for new employees. Monitor benefits/payroll to ensure all activities are carried out by responsible parties.
- Conduct exit interviews with exiting employees. Maintain exit interview data and provide reporting regularly to identify trends and call attention to any areas of concern.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years experience as an HR professional
- Experience working in a creative environment
- 3+ years managing, leading and inspiring a team
- Ability to facilitate and maintain positive relationships with cross-functional teams as well as leadership
- High level of confidentiality, professionalism and ethical standards is required
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Strong attention to detail and insistence on accuracy
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with the implementation of HRIS systems and experience with specifically with ADP preferred
- BS/BA in HR, Business Administration or relevant field. MBA/MA in HR a plus
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Law Enforcement Manager
letgo, New York
Sr. Software Engineer, Monitoring Platform
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Samsara, San Francisco
Sr. Network Engineer
Clear Capital, Reno, NV
Associate Category Manager
Managed By Q, San Francisco, CA
Systems Development Engineer
Twitch, San Francisco, CA