At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Clients include Clorox (including Burt’s Bees, Brita, and others), Gap Inc, Clif Bar, and Wynn Resorts.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
The Sr. Media Planner is a more seasoned media planner responsible for the day-to-day coordination/execution and management of media plans. At this level, he/she is expected to have the ability to work more independently, working with his/her supervisors and less so of being the tactician.
The Sr. Planner is required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of their clients’ business and ensure that all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
This role is also a stepping stone to more of a managerial position (Specifically a Media Supervisor). The Sr. Media Planner should begin to be more involved with helping set the strategic media approach and execution for their campaigns. As such, leadership qualities should be seen as an indicator for this position.
- Build a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives, helping to translate into digital objectives/strategies
- Oversee daily workload of the Associate Media Planners and assist in their training and development
- Begin to manage the daily work flow of all client campaigns, including proposal development, campaign activation and maintenance, and post campaign reporting
- Manage all aspects of the media plan execution, including issuing insertion orders, tracking spec development and implementation, custom unit production, and billing reconciliation
- Handle any client requests such as plan changes or budget changes, and provide marketplace information
- Begin to develop stronger working relationship with clients
- Maintain strong relationships within the Media Community in order to bring innovative/first-to-market opportunities as well as negotiate the most competitive rates possible
- Utilize 3rd party research tools to develop target consumer profiles and identify strategic buying opportunities
- Assist in formulating, writing and presenting campaign/media recommendations
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer and provide regular POV/ media recommendations to Client
- Analyze competitive activity in the marketplace and translate learnings into actionable insights
- Work with Analytics team to monitor, analyze and report on campaign results and make regular recommendation on how to optimize campaign performance
- Ensure a good working relationship with account and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Remain abreast of the overall media marketplace, and what opportunities are relevant to Clients
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience media planning with an emphasis in Digital Media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
- Desire to produce strong rationale articulately and effectively
- Strong knowledge of all planning/ad serving tools (comScore, DFA, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of media planning best practices and processes
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Track record of presenting to clients on a regular basis
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with mobile, social and emerging media is a plus
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.