As a Technical Manager, you will manage a team of web developers and software engineers of various levels and at times manage trusted vendors to deliver high-quality technical solutions and products. You will be responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of innovative solutions using the latest tools and technologies. AKQA Technical Managers will go hands on, on the server-side, clientside or prototype work closely with project management and Client Services and have overall responsibility for the technical deliverables of projects.
Located in Shanghai, China, as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Leveraging your experience, understand the project and propose solutions.
- Scope technical components of overall solutions accurately.
- Create and execute plans, revising these as necessary to meet the demands of the project.
- Understand technical complexities of multi-tiered web solutions and ensure appropriate design solutions are achieved.
- Enforce the AKQA development process and ensure appropriate project documentation.
- Provide hands-on development support to project team where necessary.
- Apply significant knowledge of technologies/innovations to develop client relationship.
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends/best practices.
- Act as liaison between other disciplines and Technology team members.
- Communicate directly with client when required and present innovations, issues and risks.
- Communicate issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
- Review output of Technical team, ensuring quality and identifying solutions to process deficiencies.
- Enforce good development practices, ensuring AKQA and industry design/development standards are adhered to.
- Build good relationships with team members, ensuring high level of team morale and assist team members in their career development.
- Conduct team and individual meetings and provide regular feedback on team/individual performance.
- Highlight any performance issues early and manage these in a professional manner.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5+ years’ previous experience working as Senior Software Engineer or Senior Web Developer.
- Experience managing development and delivery of commercial websites or web apps.
- Experience managing or leading a team.
- Experience with a standard content management system preferred.
- A degree, ideally in Computer Science, is advantageous.
- Experience working in an agency and/or creative and/or technical consultancy environment is advantageous.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Education Engineer - UK
Elastic, Distributed, EMEA
Full Stack Software Engineer
Zuora, San Mateo
Senior Backend Quality Assurance Engineer
SteelHouse, Culver City
Cherwell Software, Denver, CO
Big Data Solution Architect
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Everlane, San Francisco, CA