The User Experience team at AKQA are at the forefront of new thinking and techniques. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, the team use their own research, ideation and design, with minimal direction.
The Group User Experience Director works closely with other User Experience Directors and Senior User Experience Architects to help support, grow and manage team.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Apply solid user experience and usability principles while looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach and the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types.
- Able to use/introduce more advanced UCD techniques (rapid prototyping, remote testing etc.) to improve efficiency in the user experience process and the quality of the solution.
- Awareness of Service Design techniques and how these can be applied to digital user experience.
- Able to contribute at a high level to overall strategic client approach, taking into account relevant marketplace, consumer and technology factors.
- Able to develop UE solutions for a wide variety of platforms and devices.
- Plan and manager large-scale projects; identifying activities that need to be carried out, plus the efforts needed to complete them, in a completely structured way for large-scale and complex projects with multiple work-streams.
- Promote collaborative work practices and identify opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design.
- Take an active role in new business pitches for the account where appropriate.
- Leverage relationships to extend AKQA’s remit with client organisations and seek out opportunities with related client brands.
- Provide direction, leadership, and guidance to members of the User Experience team and ensure the team has a high level of morale
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive information architecture/content strategy/user experience/usability experience for blue-chip clients.
- Experience of line management and team development.
- Experience of working with standard IA and UCD tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of innovative technologies.
- Experience of content management systems and e-commerce.
- Experience of cross-platform design.
- Knowledge of designing for social is highly beneficial.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Knotel, Knotel SF