Experience Designers at AKQA are champions of human-centred design (HCD), collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that our work is true to AKQA’s mission and values: thoughtful, innovative, high quality, and in service of our clients and their customers.
Our Associate Experience Design Directors (AXDDs) are high-performing leaders in our studios, leading teams across projects and guiding our clients to architect end-to-end customer experiences and craft individual touch points (such as a website, mobile app or in-store experience). They approach every brief with fresh eyes, through deep expertise in digital product design and service design methods, assuming holistic UX custodianship for clients, fearlessly telling clients things they may know, but are afraid to hear, and acting as an escalation point for UX and Design teams across multiple projects.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Lead human-centred design projects end to end
- Act as an escalation point for the UX and Design teams across multiple projects/accounts
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams to create innovative solutions
- Lead and inspire your team in partnership with local and regional AKQA leaders
- Facilitate client workshops that encourage participatory design processes
- Confidently present work to all levels of internal and client teams
- Direct mobile, responsive and systematic designs via an agile working methodology
- Lead formal experience design critique sessions and participate in daily stand-ups
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of client and agency
- Drive the vision and growth of the AKQA Experience Design discipline
- Foster a thriving team culture that helps us attract and retain the best staff
- Contribute to wide-ranging new business and company profile-building opportunities
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong background in digital product design, UX and service design, with demonstrable experience working in a team leadership capacity
- Experience leading projects that tap into immersive connected experiences beyond digital design and preferably within the retail sector is highly desirable
- Proficiency of the UX and service design discipline and all relevant methodologies eg. persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interview, card sorting, usability testing etc.
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.