At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As a member of the AKQA Creative department you will influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. You will make a difference to digital communications, marketing, advertising and inspire the best global brands.
You will provide leadership for the brands you work on, understand a brand’s tone-of-voice and write compelling, on-brand copy. Working within an integrated product team you will create innovative concepts that inform content, products, services and experiences and push the idea through to copy. You will provide support to the Associate Creative Director by ensuring the quality of work produced by the team is of high standards.
Contributing to AKQA’s founding values: Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought; you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
- Deliver and inspire award-winning work from both yourself and others who work with you, influencing where appropriate a dramatic change through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high quality work to clients on time.
- High level internal and external client satisfaction.
- High level of team satisfaction.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
- Participate in a number of pitches.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Listens and responds to a creative brief, understanding where/if there are gaps; knows what questions to ask during briefing session in order to act upon it, and understands how to respond to a brief.
- Leads by example to inspire colleagues to create world-class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions. Plays an active role in brainstorming or idea generation with senior members of Creative team to conceptualise world-class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions. Clearly communicates ideas and thoughts.
- Takes responsibility for creation of award entries and case studies of key projects.
- Contributes to ideas and creative work for pitches as well as helping craft copy for any presentations or documents.
- Writes compelling, beautifully constructed copy for a variety of clients and audiences, and across a variety of media. Even under pressure and while delivering multiple projects, never compromises quality. Able to write with speed, consistency, accuracy and creative flair. Able to respond positively to feedback from client and re-draft copy (while retaining its impact) to meet their comments. Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling skills, with minimal amends from proofreading. Ensures execution and delivery of high-quality work to clients that is on time and on budget.
- Able to write scripts for film, animation or moving image content or concepts, and work with designers to produce clear storyboards that communicate an idea. Able to craft voiceover scripts that are fluid, natural. Able to write casting briefs and input into the casting of voiceover or film talent. Able to attend recording sessions and guide voiceover talent on style, amending scripts on the fly if necessary. Able to help designers direct shoots.
- Able to interpret and follow brand and tone of voice guidelines. Also able to guide team and client on tone of voice if feedback received directly contradicts guidelines. Able to research and develop new tone of voice guidelines for brands, as well as write comprehensive guidelines. Experienced in communicating guidelines to relevant stakeholders and upholding them by signing off work. Able to run workshops for both team and client in order to communicate tone of voice guidelines.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.