At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Clients include Clorox (including Burt’s Bees, Brita, and others), Gap Inc., Clif Bar, and Wynn Resorts.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As a Senior Project Manager at AKQA.DATA, you are responsible for the management of complex, full life-cycle Data projects (project value $350k–$1.5m) from inception, requirements definition, scoping through to delivery. You will manage a team that operates as a smaller internal agency for our client, consisting of analysts, media planners, and data scientists.
The Senior Project Manager is the face of the Data team internally and to the client, and should be well-versed in adapting to client culture and helping to develop the relationship between our team and the client. You will be connected to the wider global AKQA.DATA network and open to infrequent travel where required.
- Successfully deliver multiple projects with high-quality deliverables, on time and to budget
- Tailor and communicate an appropriate project structure by methodology (e.g. Agile or Waterfall) or by project phase (e.g. Discovery)
- Work with leads to accurately compile an estimate for an agreed scope of work. Structure an estimate according to most appropriate model (e.g. fixed-price, capped time and materials, by project phase) and effectively communicate to client
- Manage multiple people, teams, suppliers, partners, internal stakeholders and client/s to ensure the best outcome for both client/s and AKQA.DATA. Keep all stakeholders informed of project progress at all times and manage expectations proactively
- Manage and deliver projects with budgets up to $1.5m. Track and report project financial status against current estimate. Highlight potential overruns before they occur. Escalate and resolve financial issues as they happen. Identify, manage and mitigate project risk
- Manage relationship with client throughout project and act as main point of contact between client and any vendor organization (where applicable)
- Manage Data team resource day-to-day alongside Data Resource Manager: resolve conflict, source holiday cover, ensure handovers for leavers/new starters
- Manage resource remotely where necessary in differing time zones, ensuring they remain connected to the team and project goals
- Be responsible for financial administration: set up job codes, enter approved budgets as per the signed SoW, manage revenue forecasting, book resources, effectively manage client budget
- Act as partner to Client Services team, ensuring high-quality deliverables, good communication of timings and budget. Remove complex jargon and ensure AKQA.DATA is impactful and effective for our clients
- Identify and develop further business opportunities for services to client
- Act as escalation point when issues arise with services provided, and manage any dispute or conflict
- Set up and facilitate both internal and client Post Project Review and share learning with relevant parties (e.g. AKQA teams, client groups and third parties where necessary)
- Author well-crafted weekly Project Status Reports, ensuring they are submitted on time each week
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 4+ years of experience
- Knowledge and application of best practice project management
- Familiar with commonly used project management tools (e.g. MS Project/Merlin, JIRA, Confluence, Asana)
- Knowledge and application of Agile practices such as daily stand-ups, timeboxing, retrospectives
- Experience of delivering data projects within an agency environment
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with an objective-focused and positive approach: self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Strong customer service ethos: committed to quality, with the will to constantly drive improvements. Committed to high standards of excellence and integrity
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Operations Research (OR) Analyst
Cerebri AI, Austin, TX
Senior Data Platform Engineer
Braintree Payments, San Francisco, Chicago, Remote
Postmates, San Francisco
Rapid7, Dublin, Ireland
Vicarious, Union City, California
Senior Frontend Engineer
Taboola, Tel Aviv