At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Senior User Experience Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to articulate impactful systems, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable. Senior User Experience Designers are endlessly curious. They take hands-on Experience ownership across client projects and lead large-scale user experience activities.
- Proven design experience at an interactive agency or digital design studio and a portfolio of examples that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions
- Foster progressive and limitless thinking
- Utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling
- 6+ years of experience UX design
- You are able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
* Please note, to be considered for this role, candidates must have a portfolio of recent examples they are allowed to share and a current LinkedIn profile.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.