As Head of Digital Media at AKQA you will be in charge of guiding the strategy and implementation of innovative and effective digital media strategies for our clients, through a creative and analytical approach. You will be responsible for cultivating growth and maximizing the potential of our Media team, acting both as a manager and a mentor. As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to combine a creative and analytical approach and contribute to shape and guide the vision of the agency, with particular reference to your area of expertise and influence.
This role calls for an experienced digital media professional who can illustrate their digital thinking to develop insightful narratives on performance, with accountability for continually improving the performance of our clients’ media investment. You are an experienced digital media enthusiast, passionate about performance marketing and media strategies. You love online marketing because everything is measurable, yet you find motivation and meaning in finding every day a solution to a different challenge, firmly believing that the right way is the one that works.
Working from our informal and bright offices in Milan, you will join a disciplined cross-functional team focused on delivering measurable outcomes while having fun and learning from each other.
- Drive the strategy and planning for paid search, organic search, and performance media including programmatic, re-marketing, affiliate programs.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and management of the Media team.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of clients’ business and apply media understanding accordingly to help deliver against the clients’ needs/objectives.
- Build and maintain strong Client relationships, ensuring clear communication, prioritization of work and expectation setting both internally and externally.
- Actively champion and facilitate collaboration and integration among internal and external team members.
- Create or contribute to agency thought leadership with POVs on industry trends and other broad, industry focused projects.
- Keep well-informed of current events and trends that impact business and provide a clear and informed point of view on industry topics relating to the use of digital media, search and measurement methodologies.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 7-10 years of relevant media experience (agency experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated expertise in and knowledge of digital advertising, media planning/buying, and industry trends
- Innovative, forward thinking problem solver with strong strategic background
- Accomplished and fair negotiator, with strong working relationships within the media sales community
- Excellent communication & client management skills
- Strong presenter with ability to generate excitement amongst clients, partners and team
- Strong analytical skill set and ability to translate data to media performance
- Comfortable and effective when working with international stakeholders
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of Google and Facebook products
- Professional proficiency in both English and Italian
AKQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Scientist, Translational Science, Oncology R&D
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States