The IT Support team are jointly responsible for the day to day running of the infrastructure across all EMEA offices and for resolving customer related issues escalated from the help desk.
Our Windows System Administrators work within the system-admin team, based in the London office. Working closely with the Global Engineering team, based out of the UK and US, assisting on global infrastructure projects and take the lead on some more localised projects.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Support the day to day operation of the infrastructure.
- Guarantee that all ICT systems and applications are secure, and conform to corporate policies.
- Automating key processes. (PowerShell scripting or SCCM knowledge ideal)
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Recommending and Improving the life-cycle of systems and services within the department.
- Monitor the sys-admin escalation queue and respond to tickets in a timely and appropriate manner, ensuring that customers receive an excellent service.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A good understanding and demonstrable experience of supporting Wintel environments particularly the latest Windows Server editions and Active Directory.
- Knowledge and experience in setup and configuration of Dell PowerEdge servers and SAN storage. Also any major vendors such as Dell or HP.
- Working knowledge of windows configuration management, SCCM or PowerShell DSC.
- Administration of the Office 365 Suite. Understanding of mail server and SMTP principles.
- Deployment and topology configuration experience of Skype for business Server/Online, Teams or Lync 2013 Server.
- Experience in deploying/managing large VMware vSphere environments and datacenter clusters.
- Good understand and experience in disaster recovery and backup technologies, ideally Commvault.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking.
- Knowledge of Nagios or a Nagios based monitoring system.
- Basic understanding of Cloud Services. (Azure or AWS)
- Although not essential, the following qualifications are desirable and demonstrate the necessary technical skills for this position: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA)
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Austin, TX