At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
Media + Data Science is one of the fastest growing disciplines at AKQA with executive support, a global team, a proprietary trading desk, big data stack, and a wide set of professional tools. With our focuses on programmatic media, search, and negotiated media, we are helping our clients to build the future of their businesses. We're looking for a Senior Recruiter who will support our Media + Data Science discipline, and help define the broader talent strategy across AKQA. This role will report to the Talent Acquisition Manager and contribute to building our Media team in San Francisco, across North America and globally. You will sit on site in our San Francisco office full time; we are not considering remote candidates for this position. However, we will relocate the right person.
A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. A self-starter with a positive attitude is a must. We require someone with the ability to develop already existing processes as well as grow brand new ones.
- Develop a deep understanding of each role function within the Media + Data offering at AKQA, and how each role contributes to clients’ businesses and the AKQA organization
- Proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs
- Help shape the appropriate agency culture
- Diagnose and define programs and support needed to optimize business performance
- Actively partner, coach, and develop managers & individuals on interview techniques and formats, as well as candidate nuances
- Consistently manage candidate applications, interview stages, and offers through the ATS Greenhouse
- Provide necessary new hire documentation to HR and adhere to WPP hiring practices
- Maintain a high level of organization and poise throughout the hiring process
- Ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience
- Participate in training and mentoring the Talent Acquisition Coordinator
- Advocate for teams and represent their needs to senior leadership
- Respond to employee questions in a timely manner and provide advice when it makes sense
- Mediate between team members, when appropriate ; Escalate to senior leadership, broader talent team, or HR, when necessary
- Facilitate interview processes for internal transfers and assist with their transition alongside teams and HR
- Possess a thorough understanding of each role, the media team structure, and our benefits in order to educate candidates throughout the hiring process
- Promote a culture of feedback, transparency, and open communication
- Share knowledge appropriately and proactively look for ways to raise the bar
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 5-7 years of progressive recruitment experience in a high speed, high volume, and high-growth environment
- At least 2 years experience recruiting in agency media or digital marketing roles
- Proficient in Greenhouse or equivalent ATS
- Proficient in LinkedIn Recruiter and Boolean searches
- Proficient in office systems including Outlook, Microsoft, Adobe and Google suites
- Experience working with LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, and other job boards
- Creative and innovative candidate attraction and engagement techniques, including social media and networking events
- Proven experience recruiting in multiple geographic locations; specific West Coast recruiting experience is a must
- Strong stakeholder engagement and expectation management experience, with references
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills, with the integrity to manage candidate expectations aligned with business needs
- Curiosity and a strong desire to continuously learn and grow
- Self-starter with a keen ability to collaborate with employees at all levels and on varying teams
- Patience and the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Expert communicator / networker capable of engaging passive talent over extended periods with the ability to convert to viable candidates
- Evidence of actively contributing to the candidate experience from first contact to start date, and ensuring effective onboarding alongside HR
- Ability to understand complex compensation structures and their financial relevance
- Experience working with and maintaining integrity around sensitive financial data
- A background as an internal corporate recruiter or as an RPO Recruiter/ TA partner on a client site
- Experience working for a global company
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Certified Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience/Scribes
Heal, San Jose, CA