At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design brand and customer experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As a Program Client Lead on the AKQA team in Sunnyvale, you will acutely understand our Client's Business, AKQA's client process, client team skills, and financials. The Program Client Lead will be responsible for the overall relationship with the senior clients, as well as the management of a multidisciplinary team. This role is also responsible for the financial reporting and account status updates, overseeing onboarding and training and providing guidance/management to support AKQA's on-site manager already in place on the team. Additionally, this role will be able to confidently address Program and Account needs at all levels.
- Experience in program and client management within an agency, embedded client-team experience highly desired
- Experience in resource and traffic management, with understanding of operations and processes of large organizations
- Manage large multi-disciplinary teams within an agency
- Deliver detailed and accurate account, financial, and resource reports on a regular basis
- Establish strong relationships with lead clients
- Refine operations infrastructure and processes to better manage on-site team and establish new processes as needed
- Support and manage the on-site manager (junior) while they onboard multidisciplinary staff
- Interact with clients regularly, as well as set up and attend recurring client meetings
- Use AKQA's and clients' software and systems to keep track of people and progress
- Manage and monitor on-site team and subcontractors to ensure quality and guidelines are maintained
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Resolve all client and team issues in a positive solutions-oriented way, while maintaining strong financials
- Act as a discipline lead for producers on the account, screen candidates for open roles within the producer discipline, provide career management/ feedback, and reviews for 8 direct reports
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to manage the big picture whilst coordinating the resource and operational needs of the account
- Rigorous in organization and management, conscientious and adept in solving issues at all levels
- Ability to inspire, support, and understand the interplay between people, processes, and systems
- Ability to mentor and guide team members
- Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- An optimistic, calm, charismatic personality, excellent taste, an eye for design, and empathic, thoughtful nature, combined with a modern, professional, polished demeanor, great style, and a good sense of humor
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.