At AKQA, our Project Management Office sets the approach and standard for project delivery and governance, ensuring that clients receive the greatest possible value from their investment. Responsible for effective team performance, they provide team members with the right tools, support and training.
Our Release Managers at AKQA take ownership of the software deployment processes across multiple agile teams. They plan, communicate and govern the delivery of working software into the hands of users.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Manage all aspects of the deployment and release processes in the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Plan release cycles from start to completion, with effective client communication along the way.
- Govern the deployment process, to ensure all controls are followed, and all deliverables and milestones are met.
- Monitor project status to track readiness with respect to quality gates, and foresee issues that may impact release milestones.
- Coordinate and manage release artefacts from multiple agile teams.
- Drive continuous improvement in conjunction with the DevOps Lead, promoting, documenting and implementing best practices.
- Communicate the release status to a variety of stakeholders.
- Assist with the production of Incident Reports for Severity 1 & 2 Production issues.
- Manage and document our deployment pipelines across development, test and production environments.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven experience as a Release Manager of feature delivery within a complex technical development environment.
- A track record of leading and implementing software or web development projects using agile methodologies, including experience managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- A level of technical knowledge that enables you to provide assistance to development teams and to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients, partners and staff; to champion a vibrant and diverse engineering culture; and to inspire, support and understand the interplay between people, processes and systems.
- A rigorous approach to project organisation and management, enabling you to solve issues at all project levels.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- A solution-minded focus, founded on an overarching desire to achieve project goals and help clients and colleagues.
- Tertiary level software development or software project management qualifications.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.