Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
The Senior Motion Designer at AKQA will work with creative teams across various projects, both internal and external. Bringing exceptional creative thought and craft output, the Senior Motion Designer will develop and deliver projects from brief to end user.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Contributing to AKQA’s founding values of Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought, you will be excited about being part of our success. You will thrive when faced with new challenges, and will constantly strive to improve the way things are done for our clients.
- Work with team members to develop streamlined motion design processes, strategic expansion, and maintenance of technical infrastructure
- Proactively pursue opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives
- Explore emergent technologies and methodologies to help produce cutting-edge creative executions and department workflow efficiencies
- Define consumers, processes and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight and effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
- Educate internal groups about motion design and video production while providing a contribution to the development of client relationships.
- Be an advocate on behalf of the Motion Design team within the agency at large
- Assist and guide other Motion Designers in their professional development; foster innovation in the Motion Design team
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A reel/portfolio of commercial work demonstrating an exceptional design and narrative aesthetic produced for client-oriented projects
- Expert in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Cinema 4D and Photoshop; a basic understanding of alternate motion design and post-production software and systems
- Mastery of a wide range of video production tools and techniques and expert knowledge of post-production processes
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal departments and interface effectively with clients
- A minimum of 7 years’ professional motion design experience
- Experience leading large motion design projects, including concepts, resource scoping, client interaction and final execution
- Experience directing the work of outside vendors such as photographers, illustrators, and sound designers
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.