The Client Services team influence changes in consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of interactive media. Making a difference to digital communications, marketing, advertising and inspire the best global brands.
Group Strategy Director's lead a team focused on driving best-in-class work across our clients, championing innovation, product and service design, brand strategy, and business strategy. As a member of the London leadership team, the Group Strategy Director is responsible for AKQA London’s offering, partnering with team leads to identify commercial opportunity.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Build ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with key senior client contacts.
- Ensure that AKQA Quality standards are met across all aspects of our output.
- Provide Creative team with clear, insightful and actionable direction that inspires creative thinking.
- Quality control: consistently review work produced by the Strategic Planning team, ensuring only that of the highest quality is presented to clients.
- Motivate and retain a high-quality Strategic Planning team.
- Strive for positive internal and external feedback.
- Aim to sharpen and build strategy as a craft; seeking to learn new skills and stay abreast of business, audience and technology trends, successfully applying them to work practices.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 10+ years’ strategy experience.
- Experience of or desire to operate as a strategic leader with breadth of cases and example work that has inspired and added something to the world.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills: able to lead and inspire.
- Exceptional consulting and client management skills.
- Deep understanding of strategic frameworks and business models.
- Fundamental knowledge of consumers, and a pulse of cultural and consumer trends.
- Detailed understanding of ecosystem-driven, go to market, and omni-channel strategies.
- Customer research experience (qualitative and quantitative) at both implementation and management levels.
- Proven track record in effective team development and growth.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.