Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
As an AKQA Senior Designer, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
At AKQA Melbourne , you’ll work in a meritocratic culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we’re committed to your career growth, as well as your work/life balance.
- Provide design solutions across various touchpoints (e.g. websites, mobile, apps, in-store).
- Champion excellent design and craft standards.
- Create style tiles, UI kits, mood boards and style guides.
- Deliver responsive and systematic designs through an agile methodology.
- Ideate and co-design with peers and clients in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders, and build trusting relationships.
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time and on budget, and to the highest quality.
- Share your knowledge with wider XD and AKQA teams and mentor mid/junior designers.
- Stay up to date with latest design and technology trends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 6+ years within a dedicated digital design role (agency or client-side).
- Exceptional design aesthetics with UI folio to demonstrate.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong experience across Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision.
- Proficient in user-centred design methodologies and design thinking.
- Previous retail and e-commerce design experience highly desirable.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.