As an Associate Analytics Director at AKQA, you are passionate about using data to drive insights and optimisations that create better connections for consumers and improve bottom line business results. At our London office we need a data science leader who can take charge of key accounts, define the vision and roadmap for our clients, and successfully build the scope and team to support this vision.
You are an analytics and data science expert with a client service/agency background and demonstrable experience of growing and managing a team. You should also have Fortune 500 marketing analytics experience.
- Data strategy: able to go from a client’s business goals to a complete measurement plan that defines the metrics, systems and methodologies needed to meet those goals. Able to communicate coherent strategies that tie all the technical details together into a business-impacting programme.
- Thought leadership: an evangelist who knows the righteous truth of data and will ensure our clients and teams see the light. Experience of putting together presentations, speaking at conferences and original writing on data problems.
- Client service: able to design successful data programs from start to finish – conception, selling, scoping and fulfilment. Willing to go the extra distance to ensure projects are a success, no matter what it takes.
- Domain aptitude: mastery of relevant marketing analytics systems such as web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends), programmatic marketing (Adwords, Marin, Google Bid Manager), CRM, Social and
many others. Able to train new analysts to set up and configure these systems, and fully utilise them for insight and marketing success.
- Data science fluency: in-depth knowledge of data science including core statistical fluency, knowledge of machine learning and its applications. How to apply these tools in a marketing science context such as A/B and multivariate testing, personalisation, ad targeting, and customer clustering.
- Software and technical knowledge: experience of visualisation programmes, to include (but not limited to) Tableau, advanced Excel, SQL databases and how to construct/use them. Robust knowledge of statistical software packages whether professional (SAS/SPSS) or open source (R, Python).
- Industry expertise: ideally in major verticals such as financial services, telecommunications and technology, automotive or CPG.
Displays an enthusiasm for creating pioneering ideas and is excited by the challenge of moving in new (and potentially more difficult) directions. Able to understand the value of analysing what has worked in the past and applies these learnings to future strategy.
Able to balance specific client demands with project realities and can reliably close the loop on all open issues in a timely manner. Has a strong sense of personal responsibility for their work and that of their teammates, and will proactively provide assistance (no matter the situation) to ensure delivery of highest quality work within required timeframes.
Possesses a strong bias to action and can deliver high quality work within required timeframes consistently. Goes the extra mile to ensure deliverables meet the highest standards and strives for perfection. Upbeat and committed to their working life, they make a positive contribution to team morale.
Thinks issues through before acting and knows when to escalate. Possesses strong listening skills and asks open-ended questions to ensure full understanding. Able to present information effectively via multiple channels, and is at ease presenting ideas or solutions to team meetings or in the occasional larger group setting.
AKQA is an ideas and innovation company. We collaborate with forward-thinking companies to create the future.
Date of posting: 16.02.2018
Date of closing: 16.03.2018
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Technical Writer
Cherwell Software, Seattle, WA
Sun Basket, San Francisco, California
Analyst, Pricing and Profitability
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Senior Business Analyst, Global Operations
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior/Senior Lead Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) Specialist
Catapult Systems, Austin , Texas