At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Together with our new acquisition, Switched On, we offer clients a 360-degree view of brand experience through a highly integrated approach to media and technology.
Within Switched On, our multidisciplinary Social Media team delivers successful social initiatives across our varied and growing client portfolio. Our Social Media Lead is equally at home inspiring their team to redefine best practice as they are finessing the content pillars of a strategy.
At AKQA Sydney, you'll work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically-advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Be the vanguard for what's new and next to enhance Switched On's competitive offering
- Monitor the health of clients with the Social Media Director and proactively look for opportunities for growth, acting as a trusted social advisor on new product updates and best practice
- Support the new business and client services teams in selling social media services under the supervision of the Social Media Director
- Find, review, apply and implement appropriate technologies, tools and processes to ensure the team can perform effectively and efficiently
- Lead the development of social strategies for clients including audience insights, channel plans and content frameworks, leveraging strategy function as needed
- Establish and oversee workflow and creative processes with internal stakeholders
- Own the social media team structure and resourcing, balancing profitability with work quality to deliver strategic value
- Oversee the development of all social team members, including regular catch ups, personal development plans and appraisals
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong experience managing social channels for brands
- Proven leadership experience
- Experience managing paid social and collaborating with creative teams to ensure work is optimised for social
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills and proven ability to manage competing deadlines
- Confident, proactive and adaptive
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.