At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our midtown location in the heart of Atlanta, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most thriving cities.
AKQA is looking for a Technical Architect with a strong dedication to recent and emerging technologies. You will be responsible for concepting, designing, developing and advocating for innovative experiences for our clients. As a member of the AKQA Technology team, you must be inspired by technology and have a passion for creating technical solutions focused on product and service development. You will contribute to AKQA’s founding values – Innovation, Service, Quality and Thought and will become a part of our on-going success.
You will love working on a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve clients’ deliverables.
AKQA delivers projects using cross-function teams of Strategy, Creative, and Technology. A Technical Architect leads technology direction for a team of engineers during a project and is responsible for articulate that technical vision clients and partners. An architect’s ownership encompasses the full lifecycle of a product/services-based engagement, from defining the idea, implementation, Quality Assurance test, production deployment support, and post-deployment support. This is a key leadership role within the Technology department, delivering global marketing solutions for some of the world’s leading brands.
- Computer Science degree and 8+ years experience developing Internet based computer systems
- Detailed knowledge of Software Development lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile across multifunctional teams
- Strong evidence of ability to guide technical decision making to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience implementing Content Management, Micro-Services and e-Commerce systems
- 3+ Years development experience in J2EE or .Net application development
- 3+ years with the following technology stack: .Net Core, .Net Framework, ASP.Net, Spring, Rails, WCF, Hibernate NoSQL, MSSQL, Oracle (or other RDBMS), IIS, WebSphere Application Server / ATG / BEA Weblogic / JBoss
- 3+ years experience with Service Oriented Architectures
- 3+ years experience documenting technical architectures
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISITICS
- Strong understanding of server-side design considerations specific to dynamic data loading at the presentation layer
- Able to express technical solutions through technical diagramming via UML including but not limited to: Use Case, Component, Sequence and Object Diagrams
- Able to articulate and read requirements through Use Cases
- Strong experience and ability reviewing existing client systems and formulating artifact representation of those systems
- Experience architecting large public-facing website or applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, designers and development teams
- Agency or Consultancy experience
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.