At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs.
Strategists at AKQA are curious thinkers who want to investigate, understand and organize to create a better future. They see beyond the immediate problem or question at hand, find patterns and insights in the chaos, and are comfortable with the nebulous. In this role, the Senior Strategist will lead strategic vision, definition and iterative refinement of a transformational organizational strategy. He or she will work closely with the client, the Group Strategy Director and an integrated project team to formulate and deliver smart, tailored, evidence-based and action-oriented perspectives and frameworks that can serve our clients’ needs.
- Understand how consumer expectations and behaviors intersect with organizational priorities, and identify compelling brand experiences that sit at the intersection of the two.
- Consume large quantities of research and data – behavioral, consumer, industry and academic – to inform strategic perspectives, with a mind to measuring and tracking outcomes.
- Be comfortable generating insights and ideas on your own but be equally excited to roll up your sleeves and get the work done with a multidisciplinary team.
- Translate strategic recommendations into actionable ideas and consumable / usable frameworks and toolkits, with a sense of the organizational shifts required.
- Clear and persuasive communication – both written and oral -- of strategic recommendations to internal and external teams, across a variable level of conceptual understanding.
- Take responsibility for on-time deliverables and expertly crafted perspectives.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a love of challenges and a drive to inspire new ways of thinking.
- You are comfortable existing in ambiguity and can help a team keep its footing even when the sands feel as though they are shifting.
- You are undaunted by the unknown.
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand the dynamics of a client’s business.
- You have an affinity for the end user or consumer, whomever that may be.
- You have demonstrated phenomenal communication skills and the ability to partner with senior clients.
- You have strong organizational skills and an extreme attention to detail.
- And, you have spent at least 4 years working in digital experience, brand experience, customer experience or communications work. An intersection of more than one of the above is ideal.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About us The imaginative application of art and science. AKQA is home to 2,100 professionals in 23 studios across the USA, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
Want to learn more about AKQA? Visit AKQA's website.
Jobs You May Like